About Rehoboth Temple and Our Leadership

Rehoboth Temple Bishop
George A. Williams
Mother Sheryl Williams Bishop
Marvin Williams
Sandra Williams

Rehoboth has been blessed through the years with a rich history and capable leaders.
Click on the pictures above and read about what God has done for us.


The History Of
Rehoboth Temple Church of God in Christ

By permission, on November 26, 1957, Bishop Williams founded the Rehoboth Church of God in Christ in the home of his brother Reverend Aaron Williams. The first service was held on a Sunday morning in the living room, where a small group of people met and Bishop Williams stood at one end of the room with his back to the dining room, while he delivered his first pastoral message. After preaching a stirring message, he then gave the invitation for reception of members; and nine people joined. Less than one week later, Bishop Williams and his late wife, Myrtice, used their meager family savings and invested it in the ministry. He rented the first floor of a three-story apartment house located at 3107 N. 15th Street. With his late wife and brother working by his side, he led this small group into that little place commonly known as a storefront church. The members witnessed two glorious years of growth and spirit filled services there. It was during this time that Bishop Williams began to teach his people the concept of thinking big in relation to serving an Almighty God, who is able to give you the desires of your heart; where the Bible says, "Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it." Many people were blessed both spiritually and naturally.

By the end of the second year, the Lord blessed Bishop Williams and the congregation to purchase a beautiful edifice located at Franklin and Dauphin Streets in Philadelphia. They marched in on January 1, 1960. Bishop Williams continued to preach the Gospel by precept and example and the church grew by leaps and bounds. Many souls have been saved; both youth and adults, and a great number have testified of miraculous healing of the body through his prayers.
Through the providence of God, the leadership of Bishop Williams, the dedicated Board of Deacons and Trustees, and loyal membership, in 1971 they were able to relocate to 1210 West Wyoming Avenue where they are presently located. Since being at this location, by the divine will of God, Bishop Williams was appointed to the office of Bishop in 1985 by the late Presiding Bishop J.O. Patterson, Sr. and the General Board of the Church of God in Christ in Memphis Tennessee. Bishop Williams is now prelate of the Keystone Ecclesiastical Jurisdiction of Pennsylvania Church of God in Christ. In 1987 an additional 50 x 70 feet was added to the existing building. On Sunday, July 10, 1988, our late former presiding late Bishop Chandler D. Owens dedicated the new facilities to the Lord. In July 2003, an additional 7 X 35 feet was added at the church to provide a three-story elevator with indoor-outdoor ramp access to assist the senior saints and handicap to have greater access to the entire church facilities, along with a new stairwell.